Monday, February 21, 2011

18-20 Feb 2011: Zao Onsen

Where: Zao Onsen, Yamagata prefecture
http://wikiski.com/wiki/index.php/Zao_Onsen




What I did: Snowboarding, Photography, Partying, Onsen-ing!


So the third time of my snowboarding exercise in life, I decided to follow the crowd and not the trainer! But...can't catchup after the first 5mins. So, I took my own time, did it all the way down my own way. Pretty Good, I snowboarded down the slope from a mountain at 1,387meter - Mt. Torikabuto (via the Ohira 大平 route). It was fun, with some bruises, hahaha.
























And then there's fully certified natural onsen everywhere in this area. Smelt so onsen-y!


Some nice natural stuff I found along the way ~










Last but no the least, the Snow Monsters. Basically they are some trees totally covered by snow, making them looked like a bunch of creatures matching down the mountain...Magnificent, Awecome, Spectacular, breathe taking...I am speechless.


Snow Monsters at night ~










Snow Monsters at daytime ~























Me with the Snow Monsters ~








Me relaxing after the long hike and picture shooting on the snow ~ Thanks to my ski pants and snowboard boots which helped me climbed up and got down from the snow monsters hill!


And I found a Pokemon playing on the Snow Monsters Hills ~


Also, the fun-filled Gaijin Bunch!


After thoughts: The nature is sooooo creative, painted a picture that got everyone fasinated. I'm really running out of words to describe what I saw. Maybe they are just best described by those pictures. Am glad that I has a balanced fun-filled trip. Definitely will come back for more!


Hope you all share my joy through these photos...and my omiyage~

No comments:

Post a Comment