Tuesday, March 15, 2011

15 Mar 2011: Things not looking good here

It's the 4th day since the biggest earthquake of Japan's history happened.

Here in Tokyo, everything looks alright, except the news. We have several aftershocks, but then well prepared with survival kits and stuff with us all the times. 

24 hours ago I was telling everyone, don't worry, everything's gonna be alright. It looked all normal in Tokyo center, nothing to panic about, no need to fly out of Japan. Please divert your hearty blessings to the affected sites in the North. We are fine in Tokyo. "Come on, Don't be paranoid!" I have said that over hundred times. I was so determined to stay with people here through all this then.

And this morning, at 11am, another nuclear reactor exploded. Now, this is worrying...Friends from Hong Kong start calling me on my cellphone, urged me to fly back. Not to mention the email messages and FB messages I kept ignoring so far...

Reluctantly I talked to my boss and mentioned the intention to work from Hong Kong office temporarily...He said "Yes, do the wise things you think you should do."

Called mum, she's crying at first, when I told her about the flight, she immediately bursted into laughs and cry happily...A sense of guilt lurked though my veins. "Shouldn't have made mum worried like that." I said to myself.

I put down the phone, and frowned.

Very mixed feelings. I JUST started calling Japan my second home. I have some loved ones here too, flying back just like this. I'm feeling bit hard too. It hurts.

Fingers crossed, things will be under control soon, and I can return in no time...
Japan and friends here, my heart is still with you all. 


Japan my dear home, I WILL BE BACK SOON.
すぐ日本のホームに帰ってくる
皆さん さびしくなるよ!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Adeline, do whatever feels right in your heart. Take care. Tim

    ReplyDelete