Sunday, December 5, 2010

04 Dec 2010: Restful Day in the Mizumoto Park 水元公園

So just over 2 months I have been in here. Have done a hike, shoot day/night autumn leaves...Today the sun is still calling me out, decided to go for a leisure walk along this park which is about 45 minutes from my place. And, it's surrounding a very long lake!


Park: 水元公園 Mizumoto-Koen
Location: 葛飾区 Katsushika-ku ・東金町五・八丁目・埼玉県三郷市
Access: Tokyo Metro - Chiyoda Line -> Abiko direction 我孫子 (地下鉄千代田線)
Get off at Kanamachi 金町 station. Take 京成 Keisei Bus Route name - [金61] at terminal Exit E - mizumotokoen. About 5-8mins, get off at the 4th station - same name 水元公園. The koen is about 8minutes of walk following signs.
Entrance Fee: Nil




If you are hungry, the ramen right next to the bus station is not bad. This is the one and I had the Pork Ramen there, quite yum.


Coz you won't expect decent food being served in a park. There are kiosk for bottled drinks and sweet corn and snacks inside the park tho.


Along the lake, there are people riding bicycle, people jogging, people fishing, people mingling.










































It's an education park so there are lots of signs and descriptions about the trees, and divided into different areas for different categories. See this one, it's like a large wheat field! As tall as me, very lovely...












Of course, also some ducks, birds, don't ask me their academic names, who cares!
















Then, thinks for this good hearted visitor who fed the seagulls, I have nearly 15mins of time to point and shoot these lovely flying planes!!! My best bird pics so far!
PS: Note the background of the seagulls, I tried to capture every moments of them with the autumn leaves as background, hehehe...
















Finally, what you won't normally expect in a national park I also found in here today ~ Wild rabbit!






The sunset from the train platform, fell on a church's roof tip as background, how nice~






Leaving the park at 4ish, originally thought of going home early to cook, but after some shopping in Ochanomizu/Ogawamachi area...suddenly saw a ramen resty queued with people! Funny thing is, another one just 2 shops away from this one is - empty! I decided to check this out...
Very yummy!!! When I leave the resty at 7pm, the queue is about 20 people long!!!






Afterthoughts: Sometimes too much planning ruins the real adventure. Today I encountered loads of unplanned things/creatures. Walking along the peaceful lake makes me refreshed, and appreciate living things, including myself, what I have, and how I could live a life. Life should be more than working and surviving...Carpe Diem (Seize the day)


~ Come fly with me~

No comments:

Post a Comment