Thursday, January 6, 2011

06 Jan 2011: Salute to 2010!

Salute to 2010!

Am trying to give a little self-reflection on each year since long. This year has been very very special and significant for me, well, none of you would argue with me on that right? Therefore, I really would love to share my thoughts, with you npw at start. Hoping to, not just let you know more about me, but rather, to inspire some of you to do the same and think, feel, munch (whatever), and recap what you had been through in 2010, and next steps ahead in 2011... (sorry this sounds so like the usual project manager). Key is to always plan something and expect some others in life!


Hope you hear me ~


It started off with the Standard Chartered Marathon as usual, was my 8th Year in the 10K race! Still the same old me, running without much practices, finishing it with sore muscles and knees afterwards, haha.

And fast forwarded, this year is filled with "First", rundown as follows: First permanant job in Tokyo First apartment rented in Tokyo First time to have tax/insurance deducted from my salary before pocketing into my account First time to live alone abroad (well in Sydney where I studied I am always having flatmates) First time to "build" my own bookcase and cabinet (100% by hand with primitive tools) First time to hang onto my netbook without buying new PC for over 3 months (IT folks you know what that means huh) First time to spend my Christmas Eve on a fully packed tour coach, eating takeouts and NO wines! First time to spend Christmas on snow, on a snowboard First time to hike on a slope fully covered with snow First time to use my bump (with the protector) for over 500 (uncountable) times within 2 days (to do the safe stoppings)
 
To be honest, I am very proud of myself, although getting frustrated sometimes with new cultures, new home, new lifestyle, new job, new friends etc...I'm generally coping well and settling in. 

Looking back, no regret. The line I gave to most people before I leave Hong Kong 3 months ago, is encashed - "I might feel freaking lonely, definitely frustrated, totally fed up with lots of new things I'd come across but, I won't regret."

Carpe Diem, the key is to Seize the Day, live life to it's fullest, take chances, and be at your best! Think Happiness and Joy will roll in automatically...

No comments:

Post a Comment